[OpenStreetMap Serbia] Copyright law in Serbia - "official data" = public domain?

Thomas toba0211 at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 5 22:37:56 BST 2011

>what is also known is that state maps are (intentionaly) not very accurate
I know, we have a "magic shift" in http://suboticagis.rs/ data and I have learnt that this has been made intentionally. For Subotica GIS we have
the approval to use the data. The "magic shift" is everywhere the same.
So when using JOSM and have one fixed point like an intersection with
many GPS traces it is easy to correct the "magic shift". The fix point
in Subotica is in the city centre, just download the area around Trg
Slobode and you will see it.

>we are in constant arguing with removing copyright signs from
gouverment sites and documents. it is hard and goes slowly. even more
problems

>are with maps, people (and officials) do not percive them as public goods.
me too. We got approvals from Subotica and Senta and now asking Vrsac (just send out today - Thanks Milos for correcting it)
We made a special presentation, specifically for Vrsac. If you want to look
http://www.4shared.com/document/t_9vwMMB/vrsac_300dpi.html

But that's not the point. The RGA is a "state body" and the question is,
what is "official material". They can't be a "state body" without
producing any "official material"

Anyway, it
might be the same as anywhere else. First get approvals for data usage
on a local level. Over the time it is going higher. As far as I know
only in the USA, government geodata are public domain