[OpenStreetMap Serbia] Oznake

Thomas toba0211 at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 24 20:46:54 GMT 2012

Dragutin,

as you have mentioned me indirectly......Let me try it directly and straight: Up to know I thought that both, latin and cyrllic are widely used in Serbia. I have seen both on street signs, newspapers, TV etc even government websites usually support both. So I thought OSM has a choice. Maybe I was wrong. To be honest, I personally prefer latin because my reading speed would go down to 1 word per minute in cyrillic. And I did not made a secret what I prefer. However, I do not feel myself in a position to take part in a voting if it happens and my opinion counts nothing on that matter. It is just a question how YOU decide. But since I am editing in Serbia, this decision was not made. The discussion is starting again and again. I will subordinate me, regardless of the outcome. Please come to an agreement, document it in the Wiki and defend it.

Kind regards
Thomas