[OpenStreetMap Serbia] Oznake

Dragutin Cvetkovic drazha at maildrome.com
Fri Feb 24 20:55:39 GMT 2012

Thomas, don't feel bad about this, I did not intend to insult or hurt
anyone, but the truth is the truth. If nothing, your efforts need to
be applauded, and should actually embarrass all of us, as we have done
so little for our own good.

I am afraid until this schizophrenia is resolved within our own body,
no progress will be made. Suggesting anything other then cyrillic for
Serbian as a primary script is nonsense, after all, so many people
devoted so much of their lives and effort to bring literacy to Serbs,
and what has been done to the language in the past 10 years is down
right catastrophic and tragic.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Thomas <toba0211 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Dragutin,
>
> as you have mentioned me indirectly......Let me try it directly and
> straight: Up to know I thought that both, latin and cyrllic are widely used
> in Serbia. I have seen both on street signs, newspapers, TV etc even
> government websites usually support both. So I thought OSM has a choice.
> Maybe I was wrong. To be honest, I personally prefer latin because my
> reading speed would go down to 1 word per minute in cyrillic. And I did not
> made a secret what I prefer. However, I do not feel myself in a position to
> take part in a voting if it happens and my opinion counts nothing on that
> matter. It is just a question how YOU decide. But since I am editing in
> Serbia, this decision was not made. The discussion is starting again and
> again. I will subordinate me, regardless of the outcome. Please come to an
> agreement, document it in the Wiki and defend it.
>
> Kind regards
> Thomas

>>> name:sr=cyrllic [optional if name=cyrillic]