[Talk-scotland] Happy Christmas from OpenStreetMap

Jo Walsh metazool at fastmail.net
Thu Dec 25 18:06:07 UTC 2014

https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2014/12/25/happy-christmas-from-openstreetmap/

"This sentence doesn’t actually make sense when I think about it. It’s a
familiar kind of sentence you might see on a company website, but
OpenStreetMap is a project. A collaboration. A map, a database and a
community. It’s not a company. I sometimes describe it as a “nebulous
internet collective”. OpenStreetMap is all of our contributors. So when
we say a Happy Christmas from OpenStreetMap, we are all wishing
ourselves a Happy Christmas. Maybe it does make sense. I think I can
speak for all OpenStreetMappers in wishing each other a Happy
Christmas."