[Talk-scotland] Shetland-Orkney ferry and NCN 1

Wed Mar 26 17:19:25 UTC 2014

Hello Scotland,

Someone has pointed out that OSM currently has NCN 1 going by ferry to
Grutness/Sumburgh:

http://cycle.travel/map?lat=59.8714&lon=-1.2772&zoom=13
http://opencyclemap.org/?zoom=11&lat=59.8689&lon=-1.27559&layers=B000

whereas the ferries actually go to Lerwick.

P2 tells me that the way in question was created by a German mapper last
summer. I can't see any information anywhere about a Kirkwall-Grutness
ferry, but then I've never been north of John O'Groats!

Could someone with local knowledge correct/amend as applicable? Better
to have this section of NCN 1 missing than send people on a non-existent
ferry, I think.

cheers
Richard