[Talk-scotland] local spam locations from user BitcoinMaps

Gregory (LivingWithDragons) info at livingwithdragons.com
Thu Mar 5 11:20:47 UTC 2015

Great of you to do the research Stewart, and not limit it to Scotland or
Europe!

My thought process has just been:
* Maybe this should be forwarded to the imports mailing list as they may
have discussed (or want to discuss) that user and their API.
* We can't see private messages on OSM, but a recent feature is (public)
discussions on changesets.
* I'll look up the changeset of the node you quoted, to see if anyone has
complained about it.
* No discussion started, might aswell check the user link now to just be
sure the API isn't explained on the profile.
* No profile text, diary = 0, but blocks received = 1, hmm...
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/611

The user is blocked and can't make any further changes until they log in
(and read the block message). So there is no need to send your own message
to them.

The node in question should be deleted (by any of us reading this) because
it is derived from Google Maps. However, perhaps someone in Canada will
respond as they may want to make use of local knowledge.
* check there is no cafe floating in the link there
* use our usual sources (search for the cafe website, or go and find where
it actually is) to check the data and correct location
* add/move the cafe to the right place.

There are plenty of great OSMers in Toronto. Including Richard W, perhaps
he could plan his next jog to go past this "cafe" and check it out. :)

Gregory.