[Talk-scotland] Edinburgh 20mph Limits

Donald Noble drnoble at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:52:19 UTC 2017

Well the next section of this roll out (phases 2 & 3) should now be in
force, so it would be good to get the map updated...

I have just updated the streets in Marchmont I know have changed [1], but
have not done any on the ground surveys yet to cover the wider extents.

I cannot find a list of streets that are covered by the new limits, which
would presumably be open data. The council GIS portal [2] that shows all
the streets that have/will change does not have any copyright information
on it.

What are people's thoughts on whether this dataset is appropriate to update
OSM, or does it need an on the ground survey to check?

Cheers, Donald

[1] although I think there are still a few signs to sort, notably at the
southend on Blackford Avenue, which I have reported as missing.

[2]
http://edinburghcouncil.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ca131eddb0084197b160edbbad2ca8c7