[Talk-transit] Public transport proposal

Oleksandr Vlasov alexander.vlasov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:29:18 GMT 2011

Michał Borsuk <michal.borsuk <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Au contraire. Whatever is used, is the law, or is going to become the
> law. There is no divine being telling us what to do, so your promise of
> "not being obliged to do whatever" is worth nothing. because by using
> something you put the obligation on the community.

Nope. If the author doesn't want to implement some feature, he might avoid its
implementation. Surely that means his editor won't be used for working with this
feature, but that not a problem: still, it can be used for working with all
other features.

> Again, on the contrary. We are introducing laws aimed at attracting
> beginners. Clearly, the choice of beginners is going to be Potlatch.
> Hence we are limited by what is available at the moment.
>
> And let's not forget the popularity contest. Last time I checked, each
> of the three editors had an equal share.

I agree.
However, mapping public transport now is complicated as well, so I personally do
not expect beginner to start from public transport. Instead, s/he might (and
probably will) start from POIs, since they're very visible and extreme easy to
map, or Bing-drawing.