Wiklund Johan johan.wiklund at entur.org
Sat May 4 10:12:44 UTC 2019

At least in Norway, highway=bus_stop is a free floating node representing the location of a stop, not the geometry of a stop. I should say was, because they have since been replaced by data from our stops database so it's not really a neutral statement as of where the position is (our position is where the passenger crosses over from platform to vehicle), but the old stop mapping was the same or very similar (free nodes).
I should also say that platforms are abundant in Norway, especially in the Oslo region where consistent mapping is in place. http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/IGK

/Johan