Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sat May 4 14:53:19 UTC 2019

Hi

On 04/05/2019 11:12, Wiklund Johan wrote:
> At least in Norway, highway=bus_stop is a free floating node representing the location of a stop,

public_transport=platform is also 'free floating'.

> not the geometry of a stop.

147 platforms are nodes.

In the examples of your overpass public_transport=platform doesn't
represent the geometry of a stop, just arbitrary areas of pavement
adjacent to bus stop poles. Other furniture maybe present (shelter,
bench etc) but they can either be added as extra tags to the more
abundant highway=bus_stop or, preferably, as separate items.

> I should also say that platforms are abundant in Norway, especially in the Oslo region where consistent mapping is in place. http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/IGK

There are 300 more bus stops than platforms http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/IHi

Bus stops can be tagged to provide the same data. Think of the time &
effort saved if they'd been utilised.

Just because something was mapped incorrectly in the past it doesn't
mean it should continue. It should be corrected to improve the database
Please remember this thread (& others) were started in an attempt to
"simplified public transportation scheme". To achieve that, remapping &
code rewriting will have to occur.

PS This one doesn't look right: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/361309229

Cheers
DaveF