[Talk-transit] Ideas for a simplified public transportation scheme

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon May 13 14:56:03 UTC 2019

On 12/05/2019 19:55, Tijmen Stam wrote:
.

> No, changing of tagging, not replication.
> There is no need to map with highway=bus_stop anymore (save for
> rendering on osm_carto)

No. highway=bus_stop is fully relevant as the day it was first used.
It's simple, clear, comprehensible meaning far out ways the supposedly
"overwhelming" PT tagging which few mappers have adopted. This thread
wouldn't have happened it is was popular. It appears dead in the water.

Show me how p_t=platform adds anything to the quality of the OSM
database over highway=bus_stop.

DaveF