[Talk-TW] Fwd: [cultural-partners] Enhancing panoramap.org?

Liang-chih Shang Kuan shangkuanlc於gmail.com
Sat 11月 12 10:00:43 UTC 2016

哈囉各位,剛剛看到維基人有一位因為維基愛古蹟的活動,做了一個以OSM為底的文化探索地圖,目前看起來好像蠻多還破破的,但想說既然他的文章很熱情,所以想說轉給各位mapper參考。

上官
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bastien Guerry <bastien.guerry於free.fr>
Date: 2016-11-11 22:45 GMT+08:00
Subject: [cultural-partners] Enhancing panoramap.org?
To: maps-l於lists.wikimedia.org

Hi all,

panoramap.org shows a map of monuments around the world:

  https://panoramap.org

I built this website in 2013 with the support of the Wikimedia
Foundation (thanks!) and playing with all these beautiful data
was great fun.

I would like to spend some time enhancing it and I would *love*
to hear your ideas on what should be my priorities.

Here are a few ideas:

- clean up and optimize the (Clojure(script)) code
- fix the country selection (or just remove it)
- allow users to create accounts
- allow users to add monuments to "favorites"
- allow users to follow other users
- allow anyone/followers to see my favorites monuments
- allow users to add monuments to a wishlist
- allow users to add monuments to "I've been there"
- be notified when users I follow go to a place in my wishlist
- add a search engine
- [your idea]

Most importantly, I would like the map to be useful to wikimedia
and Wikidata in particular.  I don't know Wikidata that much, only
the basic principles, I never used the API in any project.

How do you think we could use panoramap.org to crowdsource info
on culture heritage entries in Wikidata (and Commons)?

Thank you very much for any idea, feedback, pointers, whatsoever!

All best,

--
 Bastien
Please treat emails sent to this list as confidential.Ask senders for