[Talk-ug] Using OSM Mapping to solve land conflicts in Rural Areas

Carl Kigundu c.kigundu at iee.org
Wed Sep 24 12:01:31 UTC 2014

Also since these days GPS is about  4 metres accuracy at the best of times, recording these points would be
futile where sub 30 cm accuracies are required to resolve a wrangle.

Once you put a fix on a location at the best of times with an accuracy of 4 metres, the next time you go there
with a best of times accuracy again there is a good chance the point is up to 8 metres away from where you fixed it !

With the march of tech, we could be at 10cm accuracy in 10 years, but at those levels we would still have wrangles. !

-Carl