[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] tiger polygons

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Dec 19 02:04:43 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 20:50 -0500, Paul Fox wrote:

> i'll take a look at your code -- i've just finished the code in
> RoadMap to (finally -- they've been left incomplete for years)
> properly display fully-shaped polygons from TIGER data.  so it's
> somewhat on my mind, and now that RoadMap can display OSM data, i
> have a vested interest on that side too.
>
> (but no promises.  :-)

Do you know if the TIGER polygons share tlids with the roads?  We might
want to re-use some of the existing nodes that got uploaded for the
roads if they do.

I still have the original .osm files and all of the things to convert
from tlids to the negative ids in those osm files.  I also have the
db-files that convert those negative ids into the in-database ids that
we see on the server today.  Whew!!  Enough conversion for you??!?!? :)

Anyway, I think I have all the data that we need to do this.

-- Dave