[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] tiger polygons

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Wed Dec 19 01:50:57 GMT 2007

dave wrote:
 > On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 15:29 -0500, Paul Fox wrote:
 > > what's up with tiger polygon data?  will that appear in a later
 > > import?
 > >
 > > or are there other plans?
 >
 > I haven't started work on it, yet.  I'd be happy if someone adapted the
 > code I have for the roads:
 >
 > 	http://www.sr71.net/~dave/osm/tiger/tiger-to-osm-v0.7.tar.gz
 >
 > and started using it to generate polygon files.  I'm planning on

thanks -- being somewhat two dimensional myself, i'm glad to hear
that the omission is only one of timing, not bias against two
dimensional objects.  ;-)

i'll take a look at your code -- i've just finished the code in
RoadMap to (finally -- they've been left incomplete for years)
properly display fully-shaped polygons from TIGER data.  so it's
somewhat on my mind, and now that RoadMap can display OSM data, i
have a vested interest on that side too.

(but no promises.  :-)

paul