[Talk-us] TIGER Map Updates

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Mon Dec 31 01:48:08 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 18:57 -0600, Joseph Booker wrote:
> Not sure whats considered 'decent', most (but not all) of the major
> roads are mapped on the north side, and south side is
> empty besides the highways.

Yeah, that's the trouble with the TIGER data.  Its coverage is
excellent, but the quality can be worse than what's there.  So, do you
throw away good, incomplete maps?  Or do you throw away newer more
human-reviewed existing data?

> I'll message nearby people and any recent contributors I find. I live
> in the near north suburbs, so I'm not really familiar with Du Page or
> Kane county (well, besides bad experiences being lost).

I mostly just want to make sure everybody is on the same page and that
we don't destroy anybody's ability to work.

-- Dave