[Talk-us] TIGER Map Updates

Joseph Booker joe at neoturbine.net
Mon Dec 31 00:57:59 GMT 2007

Thanks for the quick response

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:50:19 -0800
Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 21:51 -0600, Joseph Booker wrote:
> > In that case, can the Chicagoland area (Cook County) be uploaded
> > soon also? Not sure how much of an interest you'd like, but there's
> > at least
> > two potential contributors around here who wouldn't mind the help
>
> I've avoided Chicago myself because I know there's actually a pretty
> decent amount of good data already.  I've actually done a wee bit of
> mapping there myself, too.

Not sure whats considered 'decent', most (but not all) of the major
roads are mapped on the north side, and south side is
empty besides the highways.

> So, if you want the Chicago TIGER data, can you make an effort to find
> some of the big contributors in the area and see what they think about
> uploading TIGER data?
>
> While you're at it, can you see about Kane and Du Page?  I know
> there's at least a bit out there, too.
>
> -- Dave

I'll message nearby people and any recent contributors I find. I live
in the near north suburbs, so I'm not really familiar with Du Page or
Kane county (well, besides bad experiences being lost).

Thanks,
Joseph Booker