[Talk-us] braided streets

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Tue Apr 8 07:55:25 BST 2008

> The only thing I might do differently is not have the node shared
> between the railway and the streets.  That's what I did for the TIGER
> upload: created two nodes at the same location.  One for the street, one
> for the railway.

Oh, that was on purpose?  Oops.  JOSM validator complains about them, so
I've been merging them where I find them.

To me, it makes sense to combine them.  If a car will have to drive over
the tracks, then they should share the same node, it seems.

I haven't really thought it through.  How does it help to have them be
separate nodes?

- Alan