[Talk-us] TIGER Map Updates

Joseph Booker joe at neoturbine.net
Sat Jan 12 22:05:35 GMT 2008

Ok, so I've waited three weeks for responses, and these are what I have:

Two contributors said 'yes', several didn't respond, and one said that
uploading data from Chicago GIS* would be better

about Dupage county, user_5788 said "I've done most (all?) of the Dupage
county mapping out there. _Most_ of what I've done is streets (a few
parks and bike trails are also tossed in there), and I'm sure that
to ride around on my bike. So I'm up for replacing my stuff with Tiger
data. It'll definitely make it easier to add all of the other landmarks
I know about in the area."

So, are you able to upload the data from the city? I don't know what
licensing restrictions they have, or its in a compatible format.

* http://tinyurl.com/2s2ef6 or
http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/webportal/portalDeptCategoryAction.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@2088921627.1200173949@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadedddkmmlkcefecelldffhdfgn.0&deptCategoryOID=-536886491&contentType=COC_EDITORIAL&topChannelName=SubAgency&entityName=Geographic+Information+Systems&deptMainCategoryOID=-536886491

--
Thanks,
Joseph Jon Booker