[Talk-us] Request for comment on a section of Interstate 40

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Sat Jul 5 18:25:34 BST 2008

Victor Snesarev wrote:
> The thought of splitting the interstate into two ways has occurred to me,
> but I thought I'd ask before undertaking such a fundamental edit. When I
> split the interstate, should I copy TIGER tags to the new way?

No, just leave them on whichever interstate direction you keep.  If you
don't keep either direction, don't worry too much about keeping the
TIGER tags at all.

> BTW, is there an area of the world that you consider to be a good example of
> how to do things?

I did most of Stevens Point and Plover in Wisconsin before the TIGER
import.  I think it makes for a pretty good example, as it uses most of
the features of OSM.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.5054&lon=-89.5516&zoom=12&layers=B00FTF

Hope this helps

-Alex Mauer "hawke"