[Talk-us] TIGER 2007 files

mike.onines at juno.com mike.onines at juno.com
Mon Jul 21 21:58:27 BST 2008

:oops: I should've played around in there more to find out how to turn that layer on.

Wow!  There's a significant improvement in the quality of the centerline data for almost all of the streets in your area!  The old data looks alright until you show the 2007 version over the top, then you realize the 2007 centerline info actually looks like lines and arcs the way a surveyor would do the construction layout for those streets when they were built.

So how about a tutorial for the newbie (me)?  What would it take for me to put the 2007 data (say from a local hard-drive copy of my county's shapefile) in red as a background layer to potlatch or JOSM, with the Yahoo! images behind that?  From there it would just be a matter of connect-the-dots wherever things didn't line up very well.

  -Mike