[Talk-us] bulk upload of data to OSM: roads, water, and orthos

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Jun 25 16:20:11 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 11:00 -0400, John Callahan wrote:

> To answer your question...Yes, our new road dataset is a significant
> improvement over current TIGER data (which I obtained from
> http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tgrshp2007/tgrshp2007.html)

Could you qualify that a bit for us?  How much better?  In what ways?

Not only do we have the TIGER data itself, we also have the several
months of work from mappers since the TIGER data was uploaded.  What I
did before uploading the TIGER data, and *especially* before uploading
over something was check with all the mappers in the area that I could
find.  I showed them the TIGER data versus what they had and let them
make the choice to either take it or leave it.  I think it would be nice
to do the same for this new data set.

If you see DaveHansen as the author, ignore me.  That was all from the
TIGER upload.

-- Dave