[Talk-us] "highway" tags in the US

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Mar 13 00:07:34 GMT 2008

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net> writes:

Alex> hmm, Interstates are not state highways, so the fact that some state
Alex> highways (for what states?) have a 55-mph speed limit is not really
Alex> relevant.

I did not say some state highways.  I said some states' interstates.
Mostly in the east.

DC does not specify the speed limits on the US and Interstate highways,
the individual states control that for themselves.

Alex> There are some Interstates which have lower speed limits as well,
Alex> but I think the OSM descriptions basically say: "if it meets the
Alex> spec, *or* is a designated Interstate", then mark it as a motorway.

That works, then.  Cool.

-JimC