[Talk-us] "highway" tags in the US

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Mon Mar 10 18:28:40 GMT 2008

James Cloos wrote:

> Oh, and don't specify only 65+ MPH highways as equivilent to the
> Brittish Motorway; some states are holding fast to the double nickle....

hmm, Interstates are not state highways, so the fact that some state
highways (for what states?) have a 55-mph speed limit is not really
relevant.

There are some Interstates which have lower speed limits as well, but I
think the OSM descriptions basically say: "if it meets the spec, *or* is
a designated Interstate", then mark it as a motorway.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"