[Talk-us] OSM Mapper for the USA (and everywhere else)

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Nov 7 23:09:09 GMT 2008

Just to confirm that OSM Mapper is indeed available worldwide with a daily
update at about 10:00 UTC each day and that it is the product page on our
website that is out of date. Thanks for pointing this out to us. We will
sort it soon.

Here are various blog posts about OSM Mapper with examples of what it can
do:

http://itoworld.blogspot.com/search/label/OSM%20Mapper

And here is the page on the OSM wiki to let us know about any problems or to
suggested new features.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_Mapper

We also have a short tutorial on slideshare.

http://www.slideshare.net/PeterIto/osm-mapper-tutorial-519521/

Finally if you want a really big area rendered then please email your
request to support at itoworld.com and we will email you one back. With your
request please include:

 A URL from OSM Mapper with the correct settings (but for a smaller area).

 A description of the area you would like rendered; ie Canada, California,
or 'Washington DC including all suburbs' etc. A cropped image might be good

 The resolution you would like. We can do 1024 by 768, 1280 by 960 and 4096
by 3840.

We will then upload the requested image to our Flickr 'itomedia' pool from
where you can access it.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/itomedia/pool/

Regards,

Peter Miller