[Talk-us] tiger:review=yes

Alan Brown adbrown1967 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 22:30:48 GMT 2008

> On a related topic...  We are asuming that some portion of tiger data
> may never be edited as it is correct..,  any feelings on how much this
> is, or how to detect it?  One approach we sre consisering is to see it
> a road has pois along it...  If so it is probably ok, I'd love other
> ideas.

I've noticed that almost all roads need to be repositioned in this area (San Jose), to properly line up ... when I was looking in the midwest (Indiana), however, it seems like most roads were lined up properly, but there was little other editting done.  Do you know if TIGER data varies in its precision?  Or if someone has just been very meticulous about repositioning roads in the mid-west?

Some people stuck in their home might be very motivated to do that sort of work.

In any case, I bet there's very few roads in my area that have not been repositioned, at minimum - or still need to be.

-Alan