[Talk-us] tiger:review=yes

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Nov 29 00:46:32 GMT 2008

Alan Brown writes:
 > I've noticed that almost all roads need to be repositioned in this
 > area (San Jose), to properly line up ... when I was looking in the
 > midwest (Indiana), however, it seems like most roads were lined up
 > properly, but there was little other editting done.  Do you know if
 > TIGER data varies in its precision?  Or if someone has just been
 > very meticulous about repositioning roads in the mid-west?

A picture is worth a thousand words:
    http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=44.93680,-74.00001&z=17&t=T

(I'm just speculating that that's the cause.  There are many other
reasons for coordinates to be systematically incorrect,
e.g. misprojection.  The TIGER data to the west of the cited region is
correct.)

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Delegislation is a slippery
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | slope to prosperity.