[Talk-us] tiger:review=yes

Joseph Scanlan n7xsd at arrl.net
Fri Nov 28 20:02:46 GMT 2008

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008, Russ Nelson wrote:

> Presumably, hopefully, nobody is making changes that they
> think make the feature worse.

Uh, err, um, I do.  *blush*

Sometimes I have a good track on an Interstate and I can see
interchanges, bridges, etc on the Yahoo images.  Combined with the TIGER
data this should give us an accurate motorway and I delete the
"tiger:review" tag.  So far, so good.

What do I do with the minor ways that cross?  Sometimes I delete a
portion and sometimes I move the way off the Interstate, hoping I left
enough for the next mapper to work with.  I can't claim I reviewed the
minor way, not traveling down the Interstate at 75 mph.

So, yes, I will risk making a feature worse if I can improve the map
overall.

Joseph Scanlan                               http://www.qsl.net/n7xsd
+1-702-455-3679                               http://n7xsd.dyndns.org
jps at co.clark.nv.us (work)                   (not work) n7xsd at arrl.net

So he went inside there to take on what he found.
But he never escaped them, for who can escape what he desires?
                                               --Tony Banks of Genesis
                                                    in "The Lady Lies"