[Talk-us] Tiger Data 2007

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Tue Oct 28 22:52:20 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:46 -0700, Alan Brown wrote:
> If those 10% are located where someone has poured their heart into
> making a carefully constructed map - you could disillusion some of
> your most active contributors.

Yup, I completely agree.

But, one of the nice things is that the active contributors are the ones
that tend to read mailing lists and see the OSM site regularly.  They
should be the easiest to contact and be the most flexible about finding
the best ways to get this data imported.  If somebody "owns" 95% of the
edits in a county, I don't really *ever* think it is OK to overrule
them, certainly not in some automated way.

But, we surely have to distinguish those users from the ones that popped
up, moved one road in potlach to match Yahoo, and were never heard from
again.

-- Dave