[Talk-us] Appalachian Trail

Adam Schreiber sadam at clemson.edu
Tue Sep 9 19:03:01 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Adam Killian <vitki at bonius.com> wrote:
> Adam Schreiber wrote:
>>
>> The Appalachian Trail Conservancy makes track and shelter data
>> available for download [1] under a fairly simple agreement [2].
>> Furthermore, someone has already converted the data to gpx [3].  Is
>> there any reason to not upload this data?  Has anyone been working on
>> the AT already?
>>

> I added the parts that I've actually hiked in southern Pennsylvania, and
> I've added most of the shelters in Pennsylvania, too.

Does that include Pine Grove Furnace?  I'm having some of that
rendered now so I can what you've done.

> There are also some random parts of the AT that seem to have come in through
> the TIGER import.

My guess is that the TIGER data should be eliminated and the new stuff
should be tagged as footway.  Though, if you can provide a permalink
to a section you did, I can compare it vs the gpx files.

Cheers,

Adam