[Talk-us] What, exactly, does the absence of tiger:reviewed=no mean?

Dale Puch dale.puch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 19:44:09 BST 2009

Bottom line, to me this means the segment is at LEAST reasonably
usable for maps.  Proper placement and name tag, with junctions,
bridges, and split carriageways for stuff like interstates.

The definition details probably don't matter other than for reference
on the wiki, as it is going to be different for each person.  Just
like any manual mapping will be.

The tag is useful because we know that there are errors in the tiger
data.  What would make it useless is no one paying attention to it (as
with any tag), and the JOSM highlighting goes a long ways to solving
that.  For the argument that it is a poor metric is misleading. It is
a metric (vs. none), and it is needed because there are known
problems.  I ask what is a better metric, and how do we implement it?
And if it is better, could/should we be using it for ALL the data
then?

Dale

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> writes:
>
>> So currently, I think removing the reviewed:no means, "I've improved
>> this" rather than, "I've perfected this."  To encourage or support more
>> demanding requirements should surely be backed with a tool that reminds
>> and suggests how to "fix" TIGER.
>
> I would expect that removing review:no means something in between
>
>  "this is now done about as well as I would have expected someone to do
>  it in the first place"
>
> and
>
>  "this is now good enough that there's no reason for anyone else to
>  worry about it"
>

> To answer Russ's question I think it means:
>
>  turn restriction relations aren't everywhere, so expecting those is
>  too much
>
>  way is more or less in the right place, to the point where someone
>  navigating using the map won't hvae trouble
>
>  name and basic attributes are right or close enough

Dale Puch