[Talk-us] Status of TIGER tag removal

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Aug 30 10:45:13 BST 2009

Hi,

    the TIGER tag removal process has started 20 days ago, and has
meanwhile changed roughly 29 million nodes. This puts the estimated
total time at 122 days, or 102 days from now - we might *just* make
November.

On my side the process is relatively painless, every now and then
there's a conflict which means that a whole 1000-element changeset drops
out but this is then automatically retried later, based on more current
data. Database activity
(http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/smaug.openstreetmap.html)
seems to have increased by something like 10-20% on average but it is
nothing to be concerned about. I hope that there are no problems on the
user side either!

Bye
Frederik