[Talk-us] Incorporation

Peter Batty peter.batty at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:41:13 GMT 2009

As I've mentioned before, every lawyer I have ever talked to about this has
told me to incorporate in Delaware. My current company Spatial Networking is
based in Colorado but incorporated in Delaware through a "registered agent"
- you can find lots of these via Google.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Andrew Ayre <andy at britishideas.com> wrote:

> I believe that California will charge $800 per year income tax for
> for-profit corporations even if you make a loss or no profit...
>
> A large number of Corporations in the US are incorporated in Delaware
> because my understanding is that they are very friendly towards
> businesses and easy to deal with.
>
> Andy
>
> Serge Wroclawski wrote:
> > There are two major "candidates" for incorporation at the moment. The
> > first is California, with the possible help of an attorney that works
> > with OSM International. Unfortunately this has been difficult as the
> > attorney is quite busy at the moment, and so asking him to do more
> > pro-bono work may be difficult going forward.
>
> > As discussed, we can incorporate as a corporate entity, get our EIN,
> > and then work on the non-profit part- part of which will be the
> > mission statement and other documents we're working on at the same
> > time.
>
> --
> Andy
> PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864

Peter Batty - President, Spatial Networking
W: +1 303 339 0957  M: +1 720 346 3954
Blog: http://geothought.blogspot.com