[Talk-us] The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth

diego lesmes harrierco at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:06:59 GMT 2009

I need help to confirm if I use these images at OSM in Colombia, Wrote to legal osm list without obtaining response

I think you these images they could serve e.g. in U.S.A
http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/SSEOP/SearchCameraFileNadir.pl?mission=&startdate=&enddate=&starttime=&endtime=&lat=37&lon=-76&delta=4&elev=&camera=&minfclt=800&maxfclt=800

I would like to know more you can place this site as a source of data http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/sseop/, I see no problem in inform them of what we do and put in source tag, in some small things I already and we need image as those e.g.:
http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseop/QuickView.pl?directory=ESC&ID=ISS021-E-7154

nasa wrote this email about same question

From: jsc-earthweb at mail.nasa.gov

Thank you for your message. You are welcome to use our photos, for which NASA does not maintain a copyright. If the images are used in publications, websites, formal presentations, etc., our requests are:
1. That you credit the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory, NASA Johnson Space Center as the source of the information.
2. That you link to our homepage or otherwise list the URL so that other web surfers can find the base materials.
3. That you let us know about your links. We're glad you are finding the photos to be useful for educational purposes, and would like to see the results.
4. If used in a publication, please send us a complete citation when the work is in hardcopy for our records. For more information regarding the conditions for using our imagery, please visit the following link: http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/Info/use.htm.
If the resolution of the available images is not sufficient for your purposes, please contact Jody Russell (mary.j.russell-1 at nasa.gov) in the Johnson Space Center Media Center for information on ordering a custom product.

I`m georeference this photos with falconview opensource alfa and mapsource

other page about legal is http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/Info/use.htm

best regards