[Talk-us] Highway tags - international equivalence

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 07:46:09 GMT 2009

Hi all,I noticed some discussion on the talk-us list about how to define
highways ... as when you get out of the city, it's often hard to know what
type of road your on. ... a speed limit might say 1 thing, yet everyone
drives faster.   :-)

Anyway, i added the Canada row, so it should be filled in.  Using the wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canadian_tagging_guidelines

Perhaps the chart is a good place to fill in notes about how from province
to province a 'trunk' road is different.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway#International_equivalence

I would fill it in myself, but i'm sure someone else would to a better job.

This chart is also a great place to show what the road signs look like
(colour differences etc.)

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails