[Talk-us] NHD Dataset

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:23:06 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Theodore Book <tbook at libero.it> wrote:

> If you haven't been following the wiki page, I have been doing some work
> on the NHD dataset, and feel that I have gotten a decent OSM conversion
> of the Etowah river watershed (north and northwest of Atlanta).  I am
> going ahead and uploading that basin.  If you are interested in the
> conversion, it would be great if you could take a look at it and give me
> any feedback you may have.  Thanks.

Excellent work! I think the next step is to list all of the subbasins and
start converting/importing.

What is everyone's opinion on waiting for the API 0.6 upgrade? I'll bet we
could sneak in a complete import before...

Also, do we want to have individuals make requests for data via the NHD
website or should I make another DVD-data-dump request to the NHD folks and
import the whole thing at once?