[Talk-us] Haverhill, MA missing

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jan 8 03:56:33 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 09:48:38PM -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 3:02 AM, Dale Puch <dale.puch at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Just noticed, braintree is also missing, so eotroads_128 and 40
> > > freetown 102
> > > glouchester 107
> > > are not in the completed list of files, but I don't know if that
> > > proves they
> > > were not uploaded or not.
> >
> > Gloucester looks pretty empty. rt.128 imported, interstates appear to
> > havebeen a separate upload, the rest are user entered by "DialH" which
> > makes import more challenging.
>
> eotroads_40 is now in. I did some checking for conflicts, and didn't
> find anything major, but I uploaded over what was there, so I'm sure I
> caused somewhat of a mess. However, given that the buildings are now in
> that area, I figured it was now or never; if I left it, people would
> have started tracing it in.
>
> The fact that something is not in the list of completed files is not
> relevant; that was just my personal management tool, and once I got the
> upload close to done, I stopped moving things around.
>
> I have no problem managing more uploading; i someone tells me what to
> do, I'll make it happen. But I don't want to upload over other peole's
> stuff, so.
>
> Right now, I'm looking at Haverhill: looks like 495 is all there is.
> I'll de-dupe 495 and get that one in.

Freetown didn't go in; there's two major roads that are going thorugh
it, but I'll just toss those. One o them is already duplicated. (hard to
check right now, since the API is down: I'm going with tiles here.)

The two roads in question are SR140 and SR24.

Gloucester is the same, though there is more tracing. Still, the file
has everything that the existing map has.

Once the API is back working, I'm going to:

 1. Clear out 24/140 rom freetown, and upload those.
 2. Clear out the roads in gloucester, and upload that.

Since I'll probaby sleep before that happens, people can offer
feedback, but I think that's the best way to deal with this particular
problem.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt