[Talk-us] Texas data source...

Jason Straub straub20 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 22:33:55 BST 2009

Good afternoon all,

I have recently been in contact with the Texas Natural Resources Information System (www.tnris.org), which is the GIS data clearinghouse for the state of Texas.  They have informed me that all the data on their website is public domain, and are happy to let us use the data for OSM.  I have been using the street data for a while, and it is by far a better data set than the TIGER data in place.  I am interested in discussing what should be done next, for what path we want to take with using the data, and so forth.  Most of the state hasn't been touched, so my current preference would be a county by county replacement of TIGER with TNRIS.  Thoughts?  If anyone wants to see my correspondence with TNRIS, I can post that as well.

Jason