[Talk-us] US Online Mapping Parties

Nicholas Vetrovec nickvet419 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 02:30:03 BST 2009

>I'm not sure what an online mapping party would look like. I'm picturing a concerted effort to knock off a map feature where mappers
>could share their expertise and work on the same feature in multiple places.
>Barry Parr

>Were you thinking of doing this via irc?  Or did you have some other
>ideas for how to collaborate?
>Dave

IRC of voice chat would be good for comunication during  the party.
We would pick a city, town, area to work on as one mostly using the arial imagery to map out features and realign roads ect.. but as a larger group, we can knock out large areas at once.
I wanted to start out by discussing things we can work on as a group, areas that need a lot of fixing up, stuff that can be easily worked on in an olnile environment. Maybe we should start a wiki for organizing and planning the online party.