[Talk-us] National Park Mapping Party?

Sarah Manley Sarah at cloudmade.com
Wed Jun 17 18:48:03 BST 2009

All,

I would be really interested in organizing a National Parks Mapping
Party event. It would be great to have them going on throughout the US
during the summer months. Does anyone have contacts with NPS staff? It
would be ideal to get on their programs,. Maybe have group hikes that
are mapping?

I live in the Bay Area, and would volunteer to organize a Yosemite
Trip for last August/early September. OSM at Yosemite could use some
work (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=37.85&lon=-119.568&zoom=10&layers=B000FTF
) I have never been out there, so send advice if you are interested
and want to help me in planning.

If Yosemite is a bit too far for bay area folks, we could start with a
focus on Point Reyes (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=37.997&lon=-122.705&zoom=11&layers=B000FTF
).

Cheers,
Sarah