[Talk-us] OpenStreetMap Party in Portland this weekend!

Hurricane McEwen hurricane at cloudmade.com
Thu Jun 18 20:35:35 BST 2009

Howdy fellow OSMers,

I wanted to let the Portland crowd know that we have a mapping party planned this weekend.

After the Open Bridge Conference at the Convention Center, come join us for a mapping party!!

Saturday Event Details
When: Saturday June 20th, 12pm-4pm
Where: Downtown Library Branch Multomah 801 SW 10th Ave
Portland, OR 97204-2597
Website: http://www.multcolib.org
Contact Email: Hurricane at cloudmade.com cell number: 303 589 9133
Event schedule:
Saturday: 12p- 4pm
12pm-1:00pm: Introduction to OpenStreetMap
1pm - 2:00pm/3pm: Mapping time (walking/biking/driving)
2:00pm - 4:00pm: Upload and Edit Map Data
If you own a GPS or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.

Weather: This event is rain or shine.
RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by contacting Hurricane or http://tinyurl.com/mapportland

Sunday June 21st, 9am- 2pm
Where: Hiking Forest Park Portland, OR http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?PropertyID=127&action=ViewPark
Contact Email: Hurricane at cloudmade.com cell number: 303 589 9133
Event schedule:
Sunday: 9am- 2pm We'll be hiking in the beautiful Forest Park just north of Downtown Portland! Come get some fresh air, meet new people and put the trails of Forest Park on the Map.
9am: Meet at Trailhead-- NW 29th Ave & Upshur St to Newberry Rd and a short Introduction to OpenStreetMap
9:30am- 12:30pm: Mapping time (walking/biking/driving)
12:30- 1pm meet back up at trailhead!!
1pm-2pm: Upload and Edit Map Data
If you own a GPS or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.

Hope to see you there!

--
Hurricane McEwen
Community Ambassador