[Talk-us] Fixing Alignments in JOSM

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 20:18:34 BST 2009

not sure if I understand correct. by staggered do you mean they are on
different levels via bridges or underpass?
then there is no need to split. instead
1) unglue the node, you will have 2 nodes at exact same location. one
belongs to way one the other to way 2
2) if need to move: both are selected after unglue and will move
together. you need to select one only. otherwise a move seems like
they are still joined.
3) split ways and add tunnel,bridge,layer tags as needed.

in general split, unglue works like this
split can be done on any node of a way except start/end
unglue can be done on any node shared by 2 ways.