[Talk-us] 2010 Census and Tiger

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed May 27 19:45:36 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 13:40 -0500, Doug Morrison-Cleary wrote:
> I don't know what the base data source is, but I do know that the
> current census work includes finding coordinates for every address/house
> in the country. A friend is busy currently checking and correcting the
> work already done on this. I haven't asked him exactly how this is being
> done and what sort of accuracy is expected.

I did have someone from the census come by my house the other day.  They
had a PDA and typed my answers to a few quick questions.  I think they
verified my address and made sure that mine was the only dwelling on the
property.  I wonder if there was a GPS in the PDA that verified
coordinates while they were on my porch.

-- Dave