[Talk-us] 2010 Census and Tiger

Doug Morrison-Cleary lists at hildormen.net
Wed May 27 19:40:17 BST 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:54:35 GMT
"mike.onines at juno.com" <mike.onines at juno.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know what geophysical data collection is planned as part
> of the 2010 census?  It seems like with an actual enumeration
> required, the census workers could get a coordinate for each address
> they visit next year.  Is anyone on the list going through the census
> training courses being held now for the census takers?

I don't know what the base data source is, but I do know that the
current census work includes finding coordinates for every address/house
in the country. A friend is busy currently checking and correcting the
work already done on this. I haven't asked him exactly how this is being
done and what sort of accuracy is expected.

Doug