[Talk-us] NY: surface streets disappeared in Horseheads, NY?

Jeremy Adams milenko at king-nerd.com
Sun Nov 29 16:36:12 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net>wrote:

> sometime in the past month or so, the surface streets (but not I-86 or
> the secondary highways) disappeared
> from the area of Horseheads NY (the nodes are still there, just not the
> ways). any way to tell what's up with
> this?
>
> thanks,
>    richard

This might have been a result of me deleting duplicate tiger data recently.
If someone had previously removed DaveHansen's ways, but left his nodes and
if I didn't notice this when removing my data it's possible these ways could
have been deleted by mistake.

I believe your area was part of my changeset #3151771.  If you want to take
a look at [1] the ways affected by that changeset you could tell better than
I if some of them are the missing roads.  If so, we could ask for the
changeset to be reverted.

-Jeremy

[1] - http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/3151711