[Talk-us] CDPs and admin_level

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Mon Oct 12 16:36:28 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:
> So how about boundary=lot

Fine with me.  It's an issue I care about very little, it's one line
of code to change.

> I believe that in Mass
> lot lines can straddle town boundaries - but I'm not 100% sure.

However, now we're getting back on topic.  Is that disallowed?
Remember, these tags are placed on the borders, not the regions (which
would typically be boundary relations), and remember that only the
highest border is tagged.  So if a single lot straddles two towns,
that would be mapped with exactly the same borders as if there were
two lots.  The only difference would be in the boundary/multipolygon
relation(s), which is not where admin_level is tagged.

> They are definitely not political boundaries though.

I guess, though it's hard for me to come up with an objective
definition of "political boundaries" which includes all the current
uses and yet excludes this one.