[Talk-us] Lot boundaries

Dale Puch dale.puch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 01:14:29 BST 2009

I did not see the property lines on google either.

Yep, check the property appraiser office for the county, Usually the only
original source for such data.
For my county http://paraster.ocpafl.org/Webmap2/default.aspx  Be sure to
check out the 6" per pixel aerial view as well as birds eye, and links to
google street view and MS live maps

Some counties are a lot more free with their data, even if all will let you
view it.  Do not mistake being able to use (or even buy/download) the data
with letting you copy and reuse it.
Specifically ask.

Dale

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Alan Mintz
<Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net<Alan_Mintz%2BOSM at earthlink.net>
> wrote:

> At 2009-10-14 16:20, Dave Hansen wrote:
> >I noticed that when Google rev'd their maps, they also magically got lot
> >lines when you zoom in.
> >

> http://maps.google.com/?ll=44.952442,-123.027169&spn=0.001619,0.002044&z=19
>
> I'm not seeing that, but...
>

> >Would using those kind of data be better than using the TIGER data for
> >addressing?  Any idea how Google got those data?
>
> In my area, some cities and counties have GIS apps that you can use to see
> those boundaries. I've asked and had confirmed, for example, that I can use
> the lot lines shown in Riverside County Land Information System (
> http://www3.tlma.co.riverside.ca.us/pa/rclis/viewer.htm ). This, of
> course,
> is a manual process, and I don't see the need to use it for house parcels,
> but find it useful to outline the area of large farms and commercial
> parcels.
>
> The city of Rancho Cucamonga is similar (
> http://gis.cityofrc.us/myneighborhood/ ).
>
> San Bernardino County (the largest in the country, BTW) has shapefiles
> available. I haven't approached them yet on copyright status.
>
> The information presented in these sites is certainly public - I don't know
> if a direct import crosses a line, though. Any thoughts on how to approach
> this with them? I also don't think it's necessarily useful to bring in
> individual residential housing parcel boundaries, though it's nice to be
> able to mark the addresses of all the corners (usually with a node at their
> driveways).
>

> --
> Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at Earthlink.net>

Dale Puch