[Talk-us] Lot boundaries

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Oct 15 02:19:30 BST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Alan Mintz
<Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net> wrote:
> At 2009-10-14 17:14, Dale Puch wrote:
>
> Yep, check the property appraiser office for the county, Usually the only
> original source for such data.
> For my county http://paraster.ocpafl.org/Webmap2/default.aspx  Be sure to
> check out the 6" per pixel aerial view as well as birds eye, and links to
> google street view and MS live maps
>
> This has to be _the_ best app I've seen, no question. It's way fast, renders
> all sorts of data at the same time in a way that works, has great hi-res
> imagery, pics of the properties, everything. Looks like tax dollars were
> spent well here!

It looks like the parcel data is being sold.  However, the address
points are at ftp://ftp.onetgov.net/divisions/Infomap/pub/GIS_Downloads/Addressing/
.

More goodies are at
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/cms/dept/growth/maps/ftpdownloadgis.htm

I can't find whether or not there are any redistribution restrictions.
 If not, and anyone needs technical help with the import, send me an
email.  Make sure you change the projection.  Other than that it's
pretty straightforward.  Dealing with point data will be a lot easier
than the mess I have dealing with multipolygons :).