[Talk-us] US-based Server

Adam Schreiber sadam at clemson.edu
Thu Oct 22 00:44:03 BST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Adam Schreiber wrote:
>>
>> I would hope that and in the future a mapping mirror.  The database
>> ought to move to being on more than one server.
>
> I am interested to hear your proposals on conflict resolution, or failing
> that, segmentation of our data.

Frederik,

I'm sorry that I'm not a database engineer.  I would think that some
kind of block or re-direct could be made to the server responsible for
the segment of the planet allotted to it.  I didn't say I wanted it
now or real-soon-now (tm).  My understanding is that this tread was a
request for brain storming not final technological solutions.

I would ask that you please refrain from getting up in arms over
brainstorms about possible future directions.

Adam