[Talk-us] Directional Prefix/Postfix Proposal

Val Kartchner val42k at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 03:27:37 BST 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 19:54 -0600, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> Comments welcome.  I would like to get a clear indication on where people
> stand on my proposal, so please clearly indicate if you overall agree or
> disagree with my proposal.

1) I agree with most of your proposal.
  a) Your proposal doesn't take into account cases where there is both a
     name and a numeric designation for a street.  An instance in Ogden,
     Utah is "Washington Boulevard" and its alias "400 East".
  b) In the example "700 East" that you give, wouldn't the official name
     be "700 East Street"?
2) Similar things have been proposed before, but no consensus was
   reached so no change has been made.  However, your proposal is more
   detailed so I hope that your proposal succeeds.

- Val -